10.30.2008

My 2008 'Endorsement'

Well the election is fast approaching and this will probably be my last post before heading to the polls. I will say it has been very difficult for me to not use this space as a place to spill forth my political views. So I will divert from my usual avoidance of politics and discuss briefly what is going through my mind this election.

First and foremost we know that God gives authority, and takes authority away, at all levels and in all places. That is an important point to remember. If McCain wins, then it was the Sovereign will of God, if Barack Obama wins the same can be said. Moreover, our call is obedience to the winner, so long as they do not directly and obviously command us to violate the will of God.

The Christian community is called to communism – and yet in churches we find democracy.

The government is called to democracy – and yet in government we find communism.

It is really upside down. It seems that the government has continued to grow regardless of who is in power, and the moral decadence of both parties seems to be ever increasing. People have been hoodwinked by both parties into believing all of their talking points. For instance, ACORN, do you even understand the issue with them? Acorn registers voters, that is all they do. They collect registration forms from ANYONE, even Mickey Mouse. Nonetheless when they find a Mickey Mouse registration they mark it as invalid, and even if they did not the election board would, and even if Mickey Mouse successfully registers, Mickey will still have to show up and vote and have valid ID in most situations. The point is this, the GOP has you scared of ACORN, when the reality is they are afraid of the lower class and minority vote. (Listen I am a conservative, I would never vote for BHO, but I also appreciate truth, and the ACORN nonsense is bogus GOP tactics.) On the other hand, for years the Dems have consistently frightened the elderly into thinking that a the republicans are out to take their social security, health care, etc… it’s not true.

As Christians we have experienced the perfect love that casts our fear, and we are not to be swayed by changing times and seasons, we are to be built on the solid rock of Christ Jesus and put our hope in Him alone. It absolutely sickens me to see Christians flocking to McCain… I mean, have you looked into the moral decadence of his past? No the reason Christians flock to McCain is simple, they fear Obama. The moral majority speaks about the ‘sanctity of marriage’ only with regards to homosexuality, have they looked at their candidate’s marital past? I do not find sanctity. I am not going to spend time here knocking Obama because I realize the vast majority of this audience is already dead set against him, but I do think as a Christian you ought to look real close at McCain.

I say vote for change. Vote a vote that you will be comfortable with at the judgment seat of Christ. Seriously. The scriptures are clear that we will not be tempted beyond what we can bare, and that God always provides a way of escape. That holds true in the voting booth as well. You have the option to write in a candidate, or to vote for a third party candidate. It is not a wasted vote, it is a moral stand. Will you effect the election? well you will probably make it more likely that the greater of two evils (in your eyes) will win, yet at the same time you will be able to walk out of the booth with clean hands and a pure heart knowing that with the choice between the lesser of two evils you chose neither.

So as an Ohioan who may be a pivotal voter in this election, I take my stand, you should too, and if Obama wins because I refused to vote for McCain, is it because of me, or because the party that claims to represent me failed to do so?

No comments: